Monday, February 21, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 01 - Favourite Song

Day 1 - Your Favourite Song...


I'll tell you this right now, this isn't happening. There are way too many songs I can call my favourites. It's literally impossible to pick one. I have a favourite song at a certain point in time or a favourite song off an album but a favourite song all time is not going to work. 
My favourite song at the time:

Times of Grace - Willing

My Guitar Cover


Beautiful song. Everything from instruments to lyrics. "Cover me, with your hands. Make me see, all I am. Though I stumble, though I fall, I'm willing." I LOVE that whole album. Times of Grace is such a great collaboration. 


But that's just my favourite song at the moment. Since there is never going to be an all time favourite, I'll pick the song that I owe the most to. A song that changed my life, literally:






Surprised? I would be to. Metallica's Frantic is off of St. Anger, the "worst" Metallica album in their discography. I personally don't think it's that bad at all. If the songs were shorter then it could've been received better than it was but that's for another time. This song literally changed my life. It was the first Metallica song I voluntarily listened to after breaking from the mainstream bullshit at the time. St. Anger was the first Metallica album I ever bought and thoroughly listened to (you can imagine how blown away I was when I heard Master of Puppets next). Literally, without this song I probably wouldn't be into metal right now. And without metal I could only imagine how much my ears would hate me. All your metalheads out there know that metal is more than just music and all you non-metalheads there, go watch Global Metal and see for yourself...


...|V|

No comments:

Post a Comment